Monday, August 9, 2010

Trains, Planes and All We're Up To

Welcome home Sara! She flies in to Nashville tonight! Tomorrow is "Hey Day" where we get to spend some time with "Hey," Carter's nickname for her.

With school starting today, ZZ and lots of friends, both teachers & students, are on my mind. I hope everyone has had a good day, since its already dismissal time! I miss seeing them everyday, but I am thankful to be home with Carter. Being his mom & homemaker has been such a blessing in our lives. We wouldn't change a thing. Along with those thoughts, I wanted to share what we're doing. The Rutherford County school schedule seems like a good time to start Carter back into some old habits and establish some new ones. We've enjoyed being relatively unscheduled, save playdates, naps and meals. I want to take advantage of some of the free & inexpensive things Murfeesboro has to do. I never knew! We went to Barnes & Noble storytime today and met some people who we may see again on Wednesday at Barfield Crescent Park for Wild Things. Since the park is too hot (we could only take about 12 minutes today), we'll stick to classes for a while. Sports*Com and Patterson Park have some things to do, and we like going to Discovery Center, the Stones River Battlefield and visiting different places in town. We're also starting some more "sit-down" time I guess you can call it to learn shapes, colors, numbers & letters. I hope Carter enjoys it. He loves to learn new things.

So that's what we're doing. I must add from today that Carter loved the train table at Barnes & Noble! I excitedly sent Jimmy a text: datenight at B&N is back on! B&N is one of our favorite places to go after supper on a Friday night. I think Carter will enjoy the bookstore now as much as we do, for a different reason. He didn't want to leave, and before I knew it we had been there 45 minutes! We then ran into my Uncle Jerry at Arby's for lunch. So fun to see people we know out like that. Sorry, Aunt Susie, don't be too jealous. We can meet you one day (on purpose)! So after the post office, the park, a visit to Granny's house, storytime, playing with trains, and lunch out, he almost nodded off in the shopping cart at Kroger. We made it home for naptime, and I now have a good idea on what to stock up for Christmas...trains!

No comments:

Post a Comment