Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes or Less

Gotcha, Amy! That heading was just for you! After you said how you hate those articles, I got to thinking how much I hate them, too! Yes, it would be impossible for me to clean my house in 10 minutes. Perhaps that time frame is possible for some people, one of whom might be my sister, but it is not possible for me. And yes, Sara is home! Yay!

The more I thought about this concept of cleaning one's house so quickly, the more I thought on how I'm not fast at all...on anything really. Maybe cleaning up from lunch takes 10 min, but the house? Phew! I have a monthly schedule for that! And I still can’t get it all in. Now Sara & my mama, on the other hand, inherited a gene called "Quick Carl." They can do just about anything quickly! I inherited my daddy's gene, which apparently is called "you think too much" because that is what she is always saying to us. O well. If there is a person who can sit and think... in my bed, in the living room chair, anywhere outside on a sunny afternoon, on the back porch, in the car. Oh yes, riding in the car is one of my much loved activities, which is akin to going on vacation. Part of the enjoyment for me is getting there. Anyway, if there's anyone who can sit and think...it's me. Well, I get it honest. It's quite a nice past time, really. In the Bible focused thinking is referred to as meditating, and many times, especially if I'm outside (which is also why I love the Smoky Mountains so much) I am meditating on God's creation. At home, I often meditate on the miracle of having a child in my care! What an amazing creation and awesome responsibility!


I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. (Psalm 143:5)
They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. (Psalm 145:5)

Give it a try, but remember to get back to work cleaning your house because it will not get done while you're sitting and thinking!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I love it! I too like to sit and think, but tell me you'll be at my house in 10 minutes and I can clean pretty fast! Haha! I love you just the way you are. What good are those beautiful creations if you don't take a step back and breathe them all in!

    ReplyDelete