Monday, September 27, 2010

Update...another episode

I owe an apology to anyone who has checked this blog within the last month! I'm sorry I have been behind on any updates. Hopefully we've talked in person so you know what we've been doing (mostly catching up from our trip, dealing with another fever (see below), planning for our next trip, getting ready for Halloween, and enjoying the beautiful weather in Tennessee!). Thank you for checking in with us!

Carter has not climbed out of his bed again, but he has had another spell where he couldn't walk. He had a low grade fever and no symptoms; then it shot to 103.3, so they had me bring him in for an evaluation. After examining him and checking bloodwork, the doctors determined he had a virus (that was a Thurs/Fri, 2-day visits to the doctors, for whom I am so grateful.) The following Wednesday, during our hike after Wild Things, he collapsed. Not crying, but a little upset, I carried him back to the car, we had to cancel lunch plans with friends, and went home to call the doctor. She said it was another episode and just watch him closely for fever, in which case I was to bring him in immediately. Apparently he has an uncommon condition where the virus settles in his joints and keeps him from walking. He was better in 12 hours or so. Thanks to all my family members & friens who were so kind and gracious to help me out during that ordeal. It may seem small now, but it was scary at the time. You know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment