Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sneaky Sneaky


Remember the butler on Mr. Deeds? The one who liked "to change your socks"? Jimmy and I had a little laugh about his "sneaky sneaky" expression one night last week with Carter. Jimmy was refilling a cereal container, and I was washing dishes. Since I'm with Carter everyday I have recently discovered his affinity for oatmeal creme pies, and his inclination to sneak one if the pantry door is left open for more than 2 seconds. So I have learned to predetermine what I need from the pantry before opening the door, grab it and shut the door quickly. Sometimes this fast maneuver sends Carter fussing into the other over a missed opportunity at retrieving a cookie from the low shelf. Well, the other night as Jimmy half-concentrating on pouring and half-listening to me, which is called multi-tasking, finished with the cereal, he wondered aloud, "Where is Carter?" As soon as he said it, we looked around in time to see Mr. Sneaky Sneaky peer around the pantry door and then trot happily across the kitchen, oatmeal creme pie in hand! He shook it at us to open for him with a victorious grin across his face! "Why you little sneaky sneaky! When did you learn to do that?" Jimmy asked him. Of course Carter just grinned backed...and enjoyed his sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment